Today has been a massive day for Super Smash Bros., as the Nintendo Direct video revealed a massive amount of new things we hadn’t even dreamed of. At the top of the list of awesome new features is 8-player battles for massive mayhem! Watch the video to find out how they work and even more cool new stuff.
The Nintendo Direct video has fifty brand new facts about Super Smash Bros. Wii U, but here are the things you need to know most:
- There will be eight-player battles in a new offline mode.
- There will be a five-player battle mode.
- There is a Coin Battle mode.
- A new mode called Special Smash will let you customise what items drop in the stage.
- Smash Tour is a board-game like mode for four players, where you can unlock new characters.
- Special Orders is a new mode split into Master Hand and Crazy Hand. You need to follow on-screen instructions during battle to win.
- There are 40 characters unlocked at the start of the game.
- Mewtwo will be available as a DLC character next year. He will be free for people who own the 3DS and Wii U version of the game.
- You can create custom stages with the Wii U Gamepad.
- Stages in the Wii U version of the game are bigger than the 3DS versions.
- You can use the Wii U Gamepad to chat with people in lobbies with the microphone.
- A 64-player tournament is being planned, but won’t be available at launch.
The Super Smash Bros. Wii U release date is December 5th in Europe and November 21st in the USA. For more amazing brawling fun, check out the Nintendo channel.