The Scalectrix aping Anki Overdrive still has more than a few tricks up its sleeve. With the announcement that it will be available from 20th September, comes two new cars a new game mode and first sight of the new app.
Players in Anki Overdrive control a variety of highly detailed robotic cars on tracks they’ve assembled in their own living room. The cars are customizable with hundreds of new virtual weapons, upgrades and special items for all-out vehicular mayhem. AI allows the cars to fully control themselves on the tracks and use diverse strategies to fight to the finish. The game supports up to 4 players at once, with any combination of human and AI players. Team Play and Balance Cars settings add even more variety and fun for match-ups of experienced and novice players.
Perhaps the most important news today is that we have a firm release date of 20th September and price of $149.99 for the Starter Pack. This includes the following:
- Two robotic cars – Skull and GroundShock
- Four straight track pieces
- Six 90 degree curved pieces
- Two riser pieces
- A four-car charger
- A tire cleaning kit
Additional expansions increase the variety and number of circuits that can be made:
- Corner Kit – (2) 90 degree curved pieces
- Speed Kit – (2) straight track pieces
- Collision Kit – (1) 4-way intersection piece
- Launch Kit – (1) take off piece, (1) landing track and (3) trestle pieces to create the ultimate jump
- Rails Kit – (8) guard rails ensure the chaos of battle stays on the tracks
- Bank Turn Kit – (4) Race around corners at faster speeds and pull some serious G-forces.
- Elevation Kit – (4) riser pieces to elevate the battle field
Also unveiled today were two more Anki cars for the game’s launch:
- GUARDIAN – The car’s Siren Core keeps the pursuit of victory going at full volume. Its piercing sonic attacks go right through armor and cause challengers to lose control.
- BIGBANG – This armor-plated heavyweight’s Graviton Core creates massive shockwaves that send foes flying off course.
These join the existing cars, designed by Hollywood car designer Harald Belker:
- SKULL – The car’s Pirate Core lets it sail across the track at high speed while its cannon rips through enemy hulls.
- GROUNDSHOCK – Its PowerStation Core electrifies the track with split-second maneuvering and lightning-fast attacks. Don’t get in its way.
- THERMO – Its Magma Core engine is old-school meets future. Using hyper-charged internal combustion, it not only burns up the track, it projects fire at anyone in range.
- NUKE – Its Fusion Core can be charged up to unleash ultra-high energy blasts that tear through normal shields. Its cool exterior masks an unstable explosive interior.