There’s still a few weeks until the full release of Anki Overdrive on September 20th. But this toys to life game has toys that are as exciting as the on screen action.
As you can see in this video, getting hands on with the game (even without the video-game side of things) caused quite a stir in one family’s afternoon. The clip together circuits enable you to create all sorts of different courses and wind your way around your furniture and soft furnishings.
Another nice touch is the backwards compatibility that means those who have invested the $149.99 in last year’s game can re-use their cars. In addition to the Starter Pack that includes 2 cars, 6 Curves, 4 Straights and a charger dock for $149.99 there are a range of add-on components:
- Corner Kit adds two 90 degree curves for $19.99
- Collision Kit adds a 4-way intersection piece for $29.99
- Speed Kit adds 2 straights for $19.99
- Launch Kit adds a take of and landing jump for $29.99
- Guard Rails add a barrier to the side of precarious corners for $9.99
- Anki Cars for $49.99